View and download the 2014 ACLU of Maryland Candidate Survey.
- Candidate Responses – Short summary
- Candidate Responses – Long form, with individual statements
The survey asks for positions on key civil rights and civil liberties issues. The ACLU position for all questions is YES:
- Do you support updating our privacy laws to restrict government access to third party databases containing information about our activities?
- Do you support taxing and regulating marijuana like alcohol?
- Do you oppose using local law enforcement as immigration officials and using our detention centers as holding facilities for U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement?
- Do you oppose public funding (such as tax credits for scholarship donations or vouchers) for students attending K-12 private or religious schools?
- Do you support policies that prevent source of income discrimination in housing?
- Do you support reform to our Public Information Laws to make government transparent and accountable to the public?